I normally don’t write about anything outside of the Bible, but I’ve heard of this prophecy for the past few months and I’ve been intrigued by it and in case you have not heard of it, I thought I’d pass it on to you. It appears to be Biblically sound and many of his prophecies have already come to pass, with just one pending, so they are worth taking a look at. So, with that, here’s a bit about this man, Rabbi Judah Ben Samuel, and his prophecy…
Rabbi Judah Ben Samuel lived in the 12th century and was called the “Light of Israel. ” Many came to him to seek wisdom from him as he was known as a man of God. He displayed strict abstinence, selflessness, and service to others. His passion was his desire to see the coming of the Messiah.
When he was asked by many where he received his wisdom from, his answer was, “The prophet Elijah, who will precede the Messiah, appeared to me and revealed many things to me, and emphasized that the precondition for answered prayer is that it is fueled by enthusiasm and joy for the greatness and holiness of God.” (On a side note, this would then appear that Elijah would be one of the two end-time witnesses in Jerusalem from Revelation 11.)
Rabbi Judah claims that the prophet Elijah, himself, was sent to him to relay a prophecy of when the Messiah would come. In 1217, he wrote the prophecy on paper and told his followers to not open it until after he died, which they honored. On the papers, the Rabbi revealed these facts 900 years ago, prior to any of the predictions occurring.
- By God’s calendar, He has chosen to divide time into blocks of 50 years, or Jubilee cycles (Look up Jubilee’s in the Bible for more information) (See the Book of Jubilee’s as well. This is a historical record where God has kept tract of all of the Jubilee’s from Adam to the Exodus, and so we see that God is tracking time by Jubilees.)
- Israel would be invaded by the Ottoman Empire, and the Ottoman Empire would then rule over Jerusalem for 8 Jubilee’s. ( 8×50=400 years) (1st – 8th Jubilees)
- From the day in 1517 when the Ottoman Empire invaded, until 1917, to the declaration that Israel should be its own nation, and basically the British nation kicked out the Turks, it was 400 years to the day. The Turks were kicked out by the general assembly as they rode into Jerusalem without firing a shot. This prophecy was fulfilled to the day and hour. (1517-1917)
- Second, Rabbi Judah next stated that Israel will become a “no man’s land” for the 9th Jubilee . So from 1917 to 1967 it was a no man’s land, whereby the British Mandate of 1917 stated that Jerusalem belonged to no nation and was called, “no man’s land.” (1917-1967)
- Third, he stated that the 10th Jubilee is when Jerusalem would return back to control by Israel. This occurred in June 1967 with the victory over the 6 day war. This was the first time in 1850 years that the Jews could pray at the western wall. (1967-2017)
- Lastly, Rabbi Judah said that at the conclusion of the 10th Jubilee would start the beginning of the Messianic age, or in other words, their Messiah would return. This last Jubilee starts in 2017, but will not complete a full Jubilee cycle as the Messianic age is a period of 7 years (2017-2024/5).