“18 And [Jesus] said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. ” Luke 10:18
When did or when does Satan officially get kicked out of heaven and lose his access? Did he get kicked out and banned immediately after he rebelled and tricked Eve in the Garden of Eden? Did he get kicked out, but still has access to go back to heaven at this time? When was or will be the locking of that door for him?
When we study Job, we see that even after the fall of Adam & Eve who were deceived by Satan, that Satan still has a pass to both earth and heaven. He still has ‘agent’ clearance for both. He is still allowed access to converse with God at His throne, and he has access to roam the earth. We can see from Job 1 that what Satan does is tries to accuse God’s followers of not really following His ways. “Look at what he is doing now! He totally doesn’t love you! Let me attack him!” Satan finds excuse to accuse by prowling the earth, seeking whom to devour, and then goes to God to plead his case in order that he be allowed to further trick them and/or bring calamity on them. God does have the ultimate say, but my guess is that He is getting mighty sick of listening to all of Satan’s babbling over the centuries.
“8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9 Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.” 1 Peter 5:7-9 (Satan still has access to believers even in the New Testament)
We see here the pattern of how Satan works with his accusing…
“6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan[b] also came among them. 7 The Lord said to Satan, “From where have you come?” Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it.” 8 And the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil?” 9 Then Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for no reason? 10 Have you not put a hedge around him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and touch all that he has, and he will curse you to your face.” 12 And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your hand. Only against him do not stretch out your hand.” So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.” Job 1:6-12
Does this still happen today? Does Satan still have access to continue his babbling? Yes! We see that Satan has access until the kick-off of to the end of days, when at that time, he will no longer be able to accuse the believers.
“9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers[b] has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. ” Revelation 12:9-10
When is Satan officially thrown down to earth and his ‘agent’ access is removed from him? First, there will be a war in heaven and then Satan is pushed out of heaven along with the fallen angels who also had access up until this time. Both of these two verses seem to coincide with each other. This was not a historic event, but is in fact a future event as it has not yet happened.
- “ Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, 8 but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. ” Revelation 12:7-8
- “3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems. 4 His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth….” Revelation 12:3-4a
Satan appears to be officially locked out of heaven and trapped on the earth after the bride of Christ is removed from the earth and transferred to heaven, as described in Revelation 12.
- “3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness[b] is revealed, the son of destruction,[c] 4 who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only He who now restrains it will do so until He is out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming. ” 2 Thessalonians 2:3-8 [The restrainer is identified as He, and so appears to be the Holy Spirit, or the Church]
- “And the dragon stood before the woman [Israel] who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it. 5 She gave birth to a male child [teknos – follower of Christ], one who is to rule[a] all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up [harpazo, raptured] to God and to his throne,” Revelation 12:4b-5
- “16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up [harpazo, raptured] together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.” 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
- “3 and they were singing a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and before the elders. No one could learn that song except the 144,000 [symbolic number] who had been redeemed from the earth. 4 It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins. It is these who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. These have been redeemed from mankind as firstfruits for God and the Lamb, 5 and in their mouth no lie was found, for they are blameless.” Revelation 14:3-5 [Symbolic of the Church of the Lamb, the virgins Matt 25]
- “8 “‘I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.… 10 Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth. 11 I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown. 12 The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name. ” Revelation 3:8,-12
- “6 Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out,“Hallelujah! For the Lord our God the Almighty reigns.7 Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory,for the marriage of the Lamb has come,and his Bride has made herself ready;8 it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”—for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.9 And the angel said[a] to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.”” Revelation 19:6-9
It is at this time that Satan becomes even more infuriated as he has lost access to heaven, he knows his reign is short, and he lost the ability to accuse and create calamity on Jesus’ followers as Christ’s Church is no longer within his grasp. So, his goal during this short time is to wage war on the remnant Israel as well as any who come to faith in Jesus during this short time. But, he finds out first that God has sealed Israel and will not allow anything to happen to them.
“12 Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”” Revelation 12:12
- “13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman [Israel] who had given birth to the male child [The Church]. 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time. [1260 days, 3.5 years]” Revelation 12:13-14
- “6 and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days [3.5 years).” Revelation 12:6
Because of Satan’s inability to annihilate chosen Israel, He will rally together the world for the new world order, will squash Biblical truths and values, will put to death those who have since decided to give their allegiance to Jesus. His new target are those who come to faith in Jesus after the rapture as Israel has been deemed off limits to him.
17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman [Israel] and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood[c] on the sand of the sea.” Revelation 12:17 [With the Tribulation saints, they are no longer just under faith through grace, and so need to also keep the commandments & the testimony of Jesus]
“4 And [those left on the earth] worshiped the dragon [Satan], for he had given his authority to the beast [anti-Christ], and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who can fight against it?” 5 And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months [3.5 years, 1,260 days]. 6 It opened its mouth to utter blasphemies against God, blaspheming his name and his dwelling,[a] that is, those who dwell in heaven. 7 Also it was allowed to make war on the [Tribulation] saints and to conquer them.[b] And authority was given it over every tribe and people and language and nation, 8 and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain” Revelation 13:4-8
With Satan’s plan to rally the world, he concludes that with the allegiance of those remaining in the world, that together, they will defeat Israel; however, as he begins to rally the troupes, he has some other issues to deal with as God’s judgements will begin to pour out on him, his fallen angels, and those on the earth who have put their allegiance in him. We see this in the trumpet and bowl judgements (which I’m not covering today) and then the conclusion where Jesus comes back physically to the earth with His armies to defeat the armies of Satan.
“11 Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. 13 He is clothed in a robe dipped in[b] blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. 14 And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. 15 From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule[c] them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords. 17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and with a loud voice he called to all the birds that fly directly overhead, “Come, gather for the great supper of God, 18 to eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all men, both free and slave,[d] both small and great.” 19 And I saw the beast [Anti-Christ] and the kings of the earth with their armies gathered to make war against him who was sitting on the horse and against his army. 20 And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence[e] had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur. 21 And the rest were slain by the sword that came from the mouth of him who was sitting on the horse, and all the birds were gorged with their flesh.” Revelation 19 [Notice that Satan, the dragon, is not at this time thrown into the lake of fire yet]
Satan is not thrown into the lake of fire yet because Jesus must lock him up for 1,000 years as a preliminary sentence, and then will release him one last time for a little while.
“Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit[a] and a great chain. 2 And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, 3 and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while.” Revelation 20:1-3
It was during this 1,000 years that Jesus will be physically ruling on the earth over those who remain in the flesh, including remnant Israel, those sealed, and those Christians who survived the Tribulation, saints.
“4 Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.” Revelation 20:4-6
And, finally, Satan is released to deceive one last time and then sentenced to the lake of fire forever and ever.
“7 And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea. 9 And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven[b] and consumed them, 10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.” Revelation 20:7-9
So, how close are we to Satan being thrown down to the earth in great fury and losing access to heaven?
“And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. 2 She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth. 3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems. 4 His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it. 5 She gave birth to a male child, one who is to rule[a] all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne, 6 and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days…
This great sign will be appearing in heaven on Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 6:35 pm Jerusalem time. This can be seen within the constellations of Virgo & Leo. Since this sign has never occurred in all of history, nor is scheduled to occur anytime in the foreseeable future, the displaying of this sign by God appears to be a sign from Him stating that we are at or very near to the opening of this prophetic chapter. Keep on the lookout! For one possible detailed video, check out this visual. It’s super interesting to say the least: GOD’S ROADMAP TO THE END
And Revelation 12 continues…
7 Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, 8 but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers[b] has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. 11 And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. 12 Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”
13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time. 15 The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with a flood. 16 But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river that the dragon had poured from his mouth. 17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood[c] on the sand of the sea.” Revelation 12:1-17
Father God, We know that time is getting closer and closer to when your final plan is complete, that Satan is finally defeated and we can all live as you promised, in holiness and peace. We long for and look forward to those days. Help us to stay awake always waiting and watching for your soon coming return. In Jesus name. Amen.