2 “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Though you are little among the thousands of Judah, Yet out of you shall come forth to Me The One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth are from of old, From everlasting.”
- Jesus, the Messiah, was prophesied to come out of Bethlehem, born in Bethlehem, from the tribe of Judah. He would be the one ruler for all of Israel. The plan was from old and was from everlasting to everlasting.
- We see this clearly in Matthew 2:3-7, “3 When Herod the king heard this, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. 4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born.5 So they said to him, “In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it is written by the prophet:6 ‘But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, Are not the least among the rulers of Judah;For out of you shall come a Ruler Who will shepherd My people Israel.’”[a]7 Then Herod, when he had secretly called the wise men, determined from them what time the star appeared. 8 And he sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and search carefully for the young Child, and when you have found Him, bring back word to me, that I may come and worship Him also.”
“3 Therefore He shall give them up,”
- God will give up the people of Israel after the Messiah’s time, scattering them to the nations, because they rejected the Messiah, Jesus, for a set amount of time.
- “I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.” Romans 11:1, 25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved,[g] as it is written: “The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; 27 For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins.”[h]” Romans 11:25-27
“Until the time that she who is in labor has given birth;”
- This prophecy shows that when Israel is going into labor, or having birth pains, the time of Jacob’s Trouble, that Jesus will no longer be cut off from them. God will be collecting them again.
- The time of her pregnancy in labor seems to have been described from John’s vision of Revelation 12: 1-6. The time has been set by God a head of time. “Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. 2 Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth.3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads. 4 His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born. 5 She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne. 6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days.” (This sign is in the skies on September 23, 2017.)
“Then the remnant of His brethren Shall return to the children of Israel. 4 And He shall stand and feed His flock In the strength of the Lord, In the majesty of the name of the Lord His God; And they shall abide,”
- The rest of Israel will be returning to her homeland during this time. See my previous post for some information on this (Dry Bones Come Alive).
- It’s at this time that God will once again shepherd them as shown above also in Revelation 12:6
“For now He shall be great To the ends of the earth; 5 And this One shall be peace.” Micah 5:1-5
- In the end, God will be victorious,and there will be peace forever for Israel, as they’ve accepted their Messiah, Jesus Christ, and have been reunited with God through this reconciliation.
“12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”[f] 14 Blessed are those who do His commandments,[g] that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But[h] outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. 16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.” 17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.” Revelation 22:12-17
Thank you, Lord, that you show us your prophecies telling us of things to come. Help us to understand clearly those prophecies about when you will bring things to pass and how you will do it. You do nothing without first telling your servants. We are so thankful for Jesus Christ, the Savior out of Bethlehem, who has come to not only save us from our sins, but in the end will bring everlasting peace for all of those who have put their faith and trust in Him. Praise God! In Jesus name. Amen.