6 Then I saw another angel flying directly overhead, with an eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on earth, to every nation and tribe and language and people. 7 And he said with a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come, and worship him who made heaven and earth, the sea and the springs of water.” 8 Another angel, a second, followed, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, she who made all nations drink the wine of the passion[a] of her sexual immorality.” Revelation 14:6-8
Do you ever think about which nation fits the description of mystery Babylon? This nation is utterly destroyed as part of God’s plan to judge it for its great sins, to show the other nations who He really is and what He stands for, and to cause the rest of the nations to fear Him and worship Him.
Since 90 AD when John received the revelation from Jesus Christ about the last days, there’s been a question as to which nation, or church fulfills the future role of “Mystery Babylon.” Some state this is an apostate church, possibly Rome, because it is referred to as an impure woman, which could represent a defiled church with many abominations. But, in my opinion, if we look at the title, “Babylon” we see that Babylon was not a church at all, but was a world power nation and had nothing to do with the church.
The original Babylonian empire was a foreshadow of the future “Mystery Babylon.” Why a mystery? Because this kingdom appeared somewhat like the previous empire in its characteristics, but it was a mystery because it was a future land in a future area that was not known at the time of the vision. At the end of this study, I’ll include the prophecy from Jeremiah of the fall of the first Babylon; however, in reading it, you’ll notice strong similarities and even same sentences from the fall of the future, mystery Babylon. You’ll also notice that in the first fulfillment of the prophecy, that the land wasn’t totally uninhabitable as future empires built upon it, so we know that the entire fulfillment has not yet been seen as the final fulfillment is at the time of the end. We find this true in many prophecies in the Bible… There is a first fulfillment, and then a second fulfillment later of the same prophecy. We will also realize that the actual land where Babylon once was is far from a ruling empire of the world anymore, so there’s no way that the actual land can fulfill the future mystery Babylon.
Some say that “Mystery Babylon,” is a church, but it cannot be at all because Babylon isn’t symbolic of any type of church, since it was completely pagen and didn’t worship God. Rather, it was a known super power nation with ultimate control. Identifying it as Babylon states that this nation will be like Babylon in that it will come to power and rule a very large area, being very dominant, and being the cultural center of the known world, but a mystery because no one had heard of this nation before, nor knew where it could have possibly appeared.
So, with that said, I tend to believe that the Mystery Babylon is a great super power nation and not a church and that nation, to me, can only fit the description of the United States as “Mystery Babylon,” so let’s look at the criteria to see if this might in fact be true and if so, what would happen to this nation. See what you think after reviewing the characteristics. It’s quite eerie.
The Babylon Empire came to power in 625 BC after the fall of Assyria. Babylon continued its ultimate reign until 536 BC. This city was located along the Euphrates River (modern day Iraq), and was called in the Bible, the “city of Gold,” as it was the metropolis of the east. In the Assyrian documents, the city name meant, “The city of the dispersion of the tribes.” It was the most powerful empire in the ancient world at its glory, and known as an important cultural center, and was made world renown by Nebuchadnezzar, its great king who reigned during the days of Daniel whereby the Jews became captives and taken to this great city after the fall of Jerusalem. Babylon was also considered the center for tyranny and idolatry adopting the worship of false deities. They did not know the true God. This is also where the tower of Babel was attempted to be built under Nimrod in Genesis to reach up to God and is thought to have had a base of 8 miles in diameter in order for it to have a strong enough support for the tower to reach the heavens and ‘make a name for themselves.’ “Babel” is where “Babylon” originated from. Babylon was finally captured by the Medes & Persians under King Cyrus as predicted by the prophet Daniel.
“The Babylonian Empire was the most powerful state in the ancient world after the fall of the Assyrian empire (612 BCE). Its capital Babylon was beautifully adorned by king Nebuchadnezzar, who erected several famous buildings. Even after the Babylonian Empire had been overthrown by the Persian king Cyrus the Great (539), the city itself remained an important cultural center.” (provided by Livius.org)
“The Fall of Babylon is a historical term often used to denote the end of the Neo-Babylonian Empire after it was conquered by the Achaemenid Empire in 539 BCE.” (Wikipedia)
Let’s go over what Revelation states about this mystery Babylon…
18 After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was made bright with his glory. 2 And he called out with a mighty voice,“Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! She has become a dwelling place for demons, a haunt for every unclean spirit, a haunt for every unclean bird, a haunt for every unclean and detestable beast. 3 For all nations have drunk[a] the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have grown rich from the power of her luxurious living.” Revelation 14
Preview characteristics of this nation from Rev 14:
- Demons & unclean spirits live here (would be witchcraft, satan worship, other false religions, and all of the enormous lists of sins to an extreme, – the opposite of Jesus)
- All of the nations of the world get lulled into her sins. They cannot help themselves and are drawn in and lose all sense of judgement by participating in the sins that she projects.
- This nation is deep in sexual sins and shares it with others.
- The leaders of other nations follow her in what she does and commit sins because of her.
- She once was a nation of God, committed to Him, but now is no longer and has prostituted herself with other gods and idolatry (reference to sexual immorality, as God’s reference to His people in both the OT & NT, they are said to be in adultery when they run to other gods)
- Business people of all the nations of the world have gotten rich off of her because those within her nation buy much of their merchandise, and so they keep the rest of the nations employed and provide for their needs by the money they spend.
4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you take part in her sins, lest you share in her plagues; 5 for her sins are heaped high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities. Revelation 18
- God still has people within this nation who are His. He cries out to them to leave her and not be apart of her sins, otherwise, His people, too, will share in the judgements that God will pour out on her because of her sins.
- Her sins are so high that they pile as high as heaven and reach the very ears of God. He cannot ignore them. (This is a same message from Jeremiah below).
- God has chosen to remember all of her sins, and He will not forget or forgive them, but instead will punish them.
6 Pay her back as she herself has paid back others, and repay her double for her deeds; mix a double portion for her in the cup she mixed. Revelation 18
- God intends to punish this nation doubly for all of her corrupt deeds as she has been corrupt in her dealings with others and has corrupted others through her influence.
7 As she glorified herself and lived in luxury, so give her a like measure of torment and mourning, since in her heart she says, ‘I sit as a queen, I am no widow, and mourning I shall never see.’ Revelation 18
- This nation glorifies herself and sets herself high above every nation, so that she is a self proclaimed leader above the nations.
- She lives in luxury and desires nothing for all that she desires she has. She is lacking no fine thing.
- She is arrogant in her power and feels like nothing will ever bring her down. She is overconfident in her strength.
8 For this reason her plagues will come in a single day, death and mourning and famine, and she will be burned up with fire; for mighty is the Lord God who has judged her.” Revelation 18
- The Lord God is so angry at this nation for her arrogance in that she inflates herself and does not give credit to Him for her protection and power.
- God will cause this great nation to fall to ruins in just one day.
- God will cause severe judgement on her to destroy her in this day by death, sorrow, the destroying of food, the destruction of her cities and people by fire. All of her destruction will come at once and not spread out. Disaster after disaster will over take her in an instant, unrelenting and quick.
9 And the kings of the earth, who committed sexual immorality and lived in luxury with her, will weep and wail over her when they see the smoke of her burning. 10 They will stand far off, in fear of her torment, and say,“Alas! Alas! You great city, you mighty city, Babylon! For in a single hour your judgment has come.” Revelation 18
- All of the leaders of the world who were made wealthy by her, and who were protected by her, will be brought to their knees in sorrow over her destruction because their protection and wealth will also be crushed. They are just as selfish as this nation and are in sorrow for their own losses.
- The countries who mourn will be from far away and they will not come to help.
- The nation will be destroyed in less than a day, down to one hour.
- The countries who mourn will realize that this is her judgement for her sins, and they will fear their own judgement for their own sins.
11 And the merchants of the earth weep and mourn for her, since no one buys their cargo anymore, 12 cargo of gold, silver, jewels, pearls, fine linen, purple cloth, silk, scarlet cloth, all kinds of scented wood, all kinds of articles of ivory, all kinds of articles of costly wood, bronze, iron and marble, 13 cinnamon, spice, incense, myrrh, frankincense, wine, oil, fine flour, wheat, cattle and sheep, horses and chariots, and slaves, that is, human souls.[b] Revelation 18
- All of the business people of the world will be weeping and great sorrow for no one will be able to purchase their merchandise any more. They will never be the same after the destruction of her.
- All of the luxurious items that this nation purchased to furnish their homes, cloth themselves, fill their kitchens, transport them from activity to activity, entertain themselves, will no longer have a place to be sold.
- This nation will no longer be able to enslave people and their souls.
14 “The fruit for which your soul longed has gone from you, and all your delicacies and your splendors are lost to you,
never to be found again!” Revelation 18
- This nation put their emphasis on all of the fine things of this life and were known for their consuming of all of these items.
- This nation will never rise again.
15 The merchants of these wares, who gained wealth from her, will stand far off, in fear of her torment, weeping and mourning aloud,16 “Alas, alas, for the great city that was clothed in fine linen, in purple and scarlet, adorned with gold, with jewels, and with pearls! 17 For in a single hour all this wealth has been laid waste.” Revelation 18
- The merchants of the world will all be a witness to this great nation’s destruction and will not be able to, or want to, come to her rescue. They will watch from a far.
- Because the merchants were drawn into her sins, they will fear a destruction on themselves by God.
- This nation had the best clothes, kings colors, had jewels and gold. She had been dressed more finely then all of the nations.
- The rest of the nations will go into financial failure because of her destruction.
And all shipmasters and seafaring men, sailors and all whose trade is on the sea, stood far off 18 and cried out as they saw the smoke of her burning,“What city was like the great city?” 19 And they threw dust on their heads as they wept and mourned, crying out,“Alas, alas, for the great city where all who had ships at sea grew rich by her wealth! For in a single hour she has been laid waste. Revelation 18
- There was no land ever like this land. It appeared like a great city, but in fact was many cities and many peoples.
- Many of those who haul merchandise by sea on the great ships will be off shore of this land when the destruction comes. They will be witness to her destruction and will see smoke rising up off the land.
- Those who made money hauling the merchandise will also weep and cry as they realize their businesses will now fail as well. There will be none greater to haul their cargo to. Their lives will be forever changed.
20 Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you saints and apostles and prophets, for God has given judgment for you against her!” Revelation 18
- But in all of her destruction with all who mourn around the world, there is reason to celebrate for those who have put their faith in Jesus. The destruction of this great land has been a revenge for all that she has done to those who love God and serve Him all over the world and through time.
21 Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying,“So will Babylon the great city be thrown down with violence, and will be found no more; Revelation 18
- This nation will be taken down with violence, and so more than likely will be destroyed in one hour by nations coming up against it, with a warfare like we’ve never seen to this day. This warfare is so powerful that it will destroy an entire nation in one hour, or one day. We can guess that this is nuclear warfare with bombs going off in set places all over the country. It’s as if bombs were placed throughout the country and detonated at once, or that the nations launch missiles from various places aimed at cities throughout the land, strategically aimed to ruin the entire country at once from the fallout.
22 and the sound of harpists and musicians, of flute players and trumpeters, will be heard in you no more, Revelation 18
- There will be no more entertainment coming from her. No more joyful sounds.
and a craftsman of any craft will be found in you no more, and the sound of the mill will be heard in you no more, Revelation 18
- There will be no more industry found within this nation. All businesses will be shut down permanently.
23 and the light of a lamp will shine in you no more, Revelation 18
- They will no longer provide direction and guidance to the world any more.
and the voice of bridegroom and bride will be heard in you no more, Revelation 18
- There will be no more happy times of wedding celebrations.
- Possibly that the “Bridegroom,” Jesus will no longer reach out to this nation, and His “bride,” Christians will no longer be there to preach His Word of repentance. God’s own will have left and their message will not go forth in this country.
for your merchants were the great ones of the earth, and all nations were deceived by your sorcery. Revelation 18
- This nation not only were the purchasers of much merchandise, but they were also the ones who provided much merchandise and services to the rest of the world, so much so, that it was greater than the rest. They were very technologically advanced and were considered great innovators with advancements.
- This nation professed to be of Christ, but were false and so deceived the nations so that they believed a lie. They believed in her false power.
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all who have been slain on earth.” Revelation 18:18-24
- God accredited much death to this great nation through her violence within her country and when she went to other countries to destroy them. She created much blood shed with her hands throughout the earth, more than likely when she invaded other countries. It could also be attributed to the killing of hundreds of millions of babies since it was made legal. It would appear that this information was found out later, so now maybe it has been hidden from the rest of the world of how much blood of God’s people she has actually shed.
So, those were the verses the explained the end of Babylon, which we know isn’t actually the empire of Babylon, but a future empire that acted like Babylon and rules the world at the time of the coming of Jesus. Let’s read a bit more about this nation…
Babylon is also called the great prostitute from Revelation 17, just one chapter prior:
17 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great prostitute who is seated on many waters, 2 with whom the kings of the earth have committed sexual immorality, and with the wine of whose sexual immorality the dwellers on earth have become drunk.” 3 And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness, and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was full of blasphemous names, and it had seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and jewels and pearls, holding in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality. 5 And on her forehead was written a name of mystery: “Babylon the great, mother of prostitutes and of earth’s abominations.” 6 And I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of the martyrs of Jesus.[a] REvelation 17
15 And the angel[c] said to me, “The waters that you saw, where the prostitute is seated, are peoples and multitudes and nations and languages.” Revelation 17
18 And the woman that you saw is the great city that has dominion over the kings of the earth.” Revelation 17
- One thing we learn about this nation now is that she is a nation with a name of mystery, “Babylon.”
- We also learn that this nation sits on the beast, or the anti-christ system, every one else who calls themselves god and/or who makes claims that only God can claim. It may actually be a reference that this nation will actually be on the back of Satan, as in that the anti-Christ will come from out of this nation.
- This nation is also stated as rich in wealth, and with that has come sins which are total abominations to God, sins that should never be done or even spoken of, and seem to relate to sexual sins, but could also be tons of other sins. These sins are not just your basic, normal sins, but these sins are so terrible and shocking that one can hardly believe that they have been done as they totally go against God’s Word in every way without remorse. Abominable sins are by definition: causing moral revulsion: “the uprising was suppressed with abominable cruelty” synonyms:
- Even though this nation may not be killing martyrs for Jesus at this point in history, this reference could be foretelling the time during the Tribulation when this nation may end up leading the world in the killing of Christians. It could also mean that these killings have been hidden and will be brought forward during this time. It will be new knowledge of how this nation has been killing many unseen in the public.
- This woman sits on many waters, so a majority of its borders include water borders which are easily accessible for merchants and ships. However, we read from verse 15 that the waters represent a nation which has many within its borders from all nationalities and languages blending in one… a melting pot of culture. Her land is filled with people from all over the world who have come to her to make her their home.
- The woman is also described as the great nation that ruled over the kings of the earth. She had great influence over all nations and all rulers. She was the world power.
When I saw her, I marveled greatly. 7 But the angel said to me, “Why do you marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman, and of the beast with seven heads and ten horns that carries her. 8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to rise from the bottomless pit[b] and go to destruction. Revelation 17
- The reference to the beast who was, and is not, and is could be a direct reference to the counterfeit trinity. God says He was, and is, and is to come. The beast is Satan, who claims to be God, yet he is from the bottomless pit and will be destroyed in the end proving that he definitely is not the God, I Am.
- Satan is trying to copy this, ““I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”” Revelation 1:8
And the dwellers on earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will marvel to see the beast, because it was and is not and is to come. Revelation 17
- Those who practice any other religion, or self-proclaimed religions, except for Christianity (whereby Christians have placed their complete hope and trust in Jesus to forgive their sins), will not have their names written in the book of life which will be the only way to obtain eternal life.
- If your name is not in the book of life, you will be astonished and amazed by the beast, because it will mimic God in all ways and so will you will believe that the beast is God, who was, and is not, and is to come (cross reference above Rev 1:8).
9 This calls for a mind with wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman is seated; Revelation 17
- I’m totally unclear of what this means. Seven is usually God’s number of perfect completeness. Heads represents rulers. The seven mountains that the woman could be sitting on or partnering with could be Rome, as some believe because they do have seven mountains and is known as the ‘land of seven hills’ but this still doesn’t add up to me, so I have no mind or wisdom for this verse. This nation sits on something else, so her power must come from another source, or seven different rulers.
10 they are also seven kings, five of whom have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come [7th king], and when he does come he must remain only a little while. Revelation 17
- This is probably more symbolic of more than seven kings, but I’m totally unsure. The 7th ruler will have a very short duration of reign before the 8th and final king.
11 As for the beast that was and is not, it is an eighth but it belongs to the seven, and it goes to destruction.
- The beast, Satan, he is the 8th and final king, but he also has control over the 7th king.
12 And the ten horns that you saw are ten kings who have not yet received royal power, but they are to receive authority as kings for one hour, together with the beast. 13 These are of one mind, and they hand over their power and authority to the beast. Revelation 17
16 And the ten horns that you saw, they and the beast will hate the prostitute. They will make her desolate and naked, and devour her flesh and burn her up with fire, 17 for God has put it into their hearts to carry out his purpose by being of one mind and handing over their royal power to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled. Revelation 17
- This could be referring to Revelation 18 when this Babylon nation is destroyed in one hour by violence, i.e. war. 10 rulers of the earth (who seemed to have been allies at one point) conspire and join together to destroy mystery Babylon in this one hour. They all agreed that this nation needed to be destroyed and at their core was the beast leader organizing the whole thing. This beast leader will then assume power after this mystery Babylon, the ruler of the earth, is taken out of power. This is so that he can then become the world leader and all will turn to him for peace and safety. There will no longer be the United States to control the world, so power transfers to the new world leader.
- An interesting counterpart to this beast is seemingly a match from Revelation 12:3-4, 13, 17, “3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems. 4 His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it.” “13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. ” “17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. “
- “And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads. ” Revelation 13:1
14 They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful.” Revelation 17
- This more than likely is a break from verses 12-13 and is the final war at the end of the Tribulation when Jesus comes back with His armies of heaven. Jesus wins this end battle.
I wonder which 10 countries will come against the United States. It’s becoming more obvious every day that there are countries around the world that are starting to fight back against its dominance mentality in both military and morality (which, in itself is shocking that the US claims to be the morality police). Check out this recent news story from RT news:
1 Corinthians 10: 5-11
5 Nevertheless, with most of them God was not pleased, for they were overthrown[b] in the wilderness. 6 Now these things took place as examples for us, that we might not desire evil as they did. 7 Do not be idolaters as some of them were; as it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink and rose up to play.” 8 We must not indulge in sexual immorality as some of them did, and twenty-three thousand fell in a single day. 9 We must not put Christ[c] to the test, as some of them did and were destroyed by serpents, 10 nor grumble, as some of them did and were destroyed by the Destroyer. 11 Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come.
These verses from 1 Corinthians seem to apply to those at the end of the age. Paul’s warning is for those of this time to not do as the Israelites did in rebellion against God. God showed us these stories so that we might not desire evil as they did. 23,000 fell in a single day due to their sexual immorality in comparison of when Mystery Babylon will fall in one day as well for her sexual immorality.
The Prophecy from Jeremiah of the future destruction of Babylon at the end of days. This second fulfillment will happen at the end of the age, and so is not yet totally fulfilled. See how it relates to Revelation above. (I’ve taken out some of the passages that seem to duplicate each other as this chapter in Jeremiah is very long, but feel free to go read the entire thing yourself.)
51 Thus says the Lord: “Behold, I will stir up the spirit of a destroyer against Babylon, against the inhabitants of Leb-kamai,[a] 2 and I will send to Babylon winnowers, and they shall winnow her, and they shall empty her land, when they come against her from every side on the day of trouble. 3 Let not the archer bend his bow, and let him not stand up in his armor. Spare not her young men; devote to destruction[b] all her army. 4 They shall fall down slain in the land of the Chaldeans, and wounded in her streets. 5 For Israel and Judah have not been forsaken by their God, the Lord of hosts,
but the land of the Chaldeans[c] is full of guilt against the Holy One of Israel.
6 “Flee from the midst of Babylon; let every one save his life! Be not cut off in her punishment, for this is the time of the Lord‘s vengeance, the repayment he is rendering her. 7 Babylon was a golden cup in the Lord‘s hand, making all the earth drunken; the nations drank of her wine; therefore the nations went mad.
8 Suddenly Babylon has fallen and been broken; wail for her! Take balm for her pain; perhaps she may be healed.
9 We would have healed Babylon, but she was not healed. Forsake her, and let us go each to his own country, for her judgment has reached up to heaven and has been lifted up even to the skies. 10 The Lord has brought about our vindication; come, let us declare in Zion the work of the Lord our God.
11 “Sharpen the arrows! Take up the shields! The Lord has stirred up the spirit of the kings of the Medes, because his purpose concerning Babylon is to destroy it, for that is the vengeance of the Lord, the vengeance for his temple.
12 “Set up a standard against the walls of Babylon; make the watch strong; set up watchmen; prepare the ambushes;
for the Lord has both planned and done what he spoke concerning the inhabitants of Babylon. 13 O you who dwell by many waters, rich in treasures, your end has come; the thread of your life is cut. 14 The Lord of hosts has sworn by himself: Surely I will fill you with men, as many as locusts, and they shall raise the shout of victory over you.
24 “I will repay Babylon and all the inhabitants of Chaldea before your very eyes for all the evil that they have done in Zion, declares the Lord. 25 “Behold, I am against you, O destroying mountain, declares the Lord, which destroys the whole earth; I will stretch out my hand against you, and roll you down from the crags, and make you a burnt mountain.
27 “Set up a standard on the earth; blow the trumpet among the nations; prepare the nations for war against her; summon against her the kingdoms, Ararat, Minni, and Ashkenaz; appoint a marshal against her; bring up horses like bristling locusts. 28 Prepare the nations for war against her, the kings of the Medes, with their governors and deputies,
and every land under their dominion. 29 The land trembles and writhes in pain, for the Lord‘s purposes against Babylon stand, to make the land of Babylon a desolation, without inhabitant. 30 The warriors of Babylon have ceased fighting;
they remain in their strongholds; their strength has failed; they have become women; her dwellings are on fire; her bars are broken. 31 One runner runs to meet another, and one messenger to meet another, to tell the king of Babylon that his city is taken on every side; 32 the fords have been seized, the marshes are burned with fire, and the soldiers are in panic. 33 For thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: The daughter of Babylon is like a threshing floor at the time when it is trodden; yet a little while and the time of her harvest will come.”
41 “How Babylon[e] is taken, the praise of the whole earth seized! How Babylon has become a horror among the nations!
42 The sea has come up on Babylon; she is covered with its tumultuous waves. 43 Her cities have become a horror, a land of drought and a desert, a land in which no one dwells, and through which no son of man passes. 44 And I will punish Bel in Babylon, and take out of his mouth what he has swallowed. The nations shall no longer flow to him;
the wall of Babylon has fallen.
45 “Go out of the midst of her, my people! Let every one save his life from the fierce anger of the Lord! 46 Let not your heart faint, and be not fearful at the report heard in the land, when a report comes in one year and afterward a report in another year, and violence is in the land, and ruler is against ruler.
47 “Therefore, behold, the days are coming when I will punish the images of Babylon; her whole land shall be put to shame, and all her slain shall fall in the midst of her. 48 Then the heavens and the earth, and all that is in them, shall sing for joy over Babylon, for the destroyers shall come against them out of the north, declares the Lord. 49 Babylon must fall for the slain of Israel, just as for Babylon have fallen the slain of all the earth.
55 For the Lord is laying Babylon waste and stilling her mighty voice. Their waves roar like many waters; the noise of their voice is raised, 56 for a destroyer has come upon her, upon Babylon; her warriors are taken; their bows are broken in pieces, for the Lord is a God of recompense; he will surely repay.
61 And Jeremiah said to Seraiah: “When you come to Babylon, see that you read all these words, 62 and say, ‘O Lord, you have said concerning this place that you will cut it off, so that nothing shall dwell in it, neither man nor beast, and it shall be desolate forever.’ Jeremiah.51
Father God, if this is in fact the United States, my heart grieves for my home land. I ask that you spare as many as possible and pull them out of the evil of the land. Let them know that you are the true God who saves and forgives them if only they come to repentance. Help others to see their need for Jesus and help those of us who already know Jesus to have the boldness to share your words with others. Stir hearts to seek you, for you say that if we seek you with our whole hearts, we will find you. In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen.
“For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,” 1 Thessalonians 5:9