In 1947, the UN voted to re-establish the nation of Israel, which had been absent from the map for about 2,000 years. The vote passed in spite of the push back from the Arab nations surrounding this piece of land. And, shortly after, the boundaries were re-established and the scattered Jews came back to her land in 1948. As they were coming back into the land, it was not without turmoil. Though the UN had passed the resolution that brought Israel back to the map, the surrounding countries were not having it. Russia was supplying them with arms and the nations ganged up on her (Israel) and attempted to take back the land; however, as the Lord has promised in His word, He fought with Israel, and though a small nation and a small people, the surrounding countries asked for a cease fire. Funny that they gave up. You can only pin that to the Lord. So, the year 1948 is super important in the history of the nation of Israel, but what is even more amazing is that God laid this out in His Word so we would see how perfect He is with His appointed times. Whatever He desires will happen at the exact time that He has planned. This can be no coincidence:
The 19th book of the Bible is the Psalms. Going back 48 books from Revelation, we get to the Psalms = 1948
So, when we look at the 19th book and the 48th chapter, Psalm 48, we will see a declaration of celebration which talks about Israel in her land. Is this weird or what?! There is one point that is particularly interesting and I’ll discuss that at the end:
Think about Israel coming back to her land when you read this Psalm. I’ll add in a couple of descriptives in ( ):
“Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised in the city (Israel) of our God! His holy mountain (the Mount of Olives), 2 beautiful in elevation, is the joy of all the earth, Mount Zion, in the far north, the city of the great King (Jesus). 3 Within her citadels God has made himself known as a fortress. 4 For behold, the kings assembled; they came on together (The Arab nations rose up to fight back and remove Israel from her newly formed land). 5 As soon as they saw it, they were astounded; they were in panic; they took to flight (The called for a cease fire as they were losing big time). 6 Trembling took hold of them there, anguish as of a woman in labor. 7 By the east wind you shattered the ships of Tarshish. 8 As we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the Lord of hosts, in the city of our God, which God will establish forever (God has promised Israel this land forever and ever).9 We have thought on your steadfast love, O God, in the midst of your temple. 10 As your name, O God, so your praise reaches to the ends of the earth. Your right hand is filled with righteousness. 11Let Mount Zion be glad! Let the daughters of Judah rejoice because of your judgments! 12 Walk about Zion, go around her, number her towers, 13 consider well her ramparts, go through her citadels, that you may tell the next generation 14 that this is God, our God forever and ever. He will guide us forever.[a]” Psalm 48: 1-14
I want to call particular attention to verse 13:
13 consider well her ramparts, go through her citadels, that you may tell the next generation” Psalm 48:13
When the Bible was translated from Hebrew to English, some of the translators didn’t know what to do with particular words or phrases because it didn’t make sense at the time. This is such a case. They did not know what to do with the last two words in this sentence, ”
The phrase is: “lə·ḏō·wr” , Strong’s word 1755, דּוֹר, or to the next generation. It’s actual translation can refer to the end generation or the last generation. The translators couldn’t figure out why you’d want to list the last generation and so they concluded that it would make more sense to use the next generation.
So the text could actually read, “… that you may tell the last generation.”
Jesus also references this last generation of Israel:
“Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.” Matthew 24:34 as well as in Mark 13:30 & Luke 21:32
A generation in the Bible is defined by Psalm 90:10 as 70, with 80 at a max.: “The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty;“
So, in the passage of Psalms, we see that Israel is to praise God for they are back in their land and there they will be guided by God forever and ever, and to make sure to tell the last generation so that they would know it to be true and celebrate and praise God for He has judged rightly.
Israel’s last generation appears to be 1948-2018. Just something interesting to ponder. Is God trying to tell us something?
Here are a list of the prophecies fulfilled since 1948:
* The re-gathering of the Jews into their homeland (Ezekiel 37:11-13) after thousands of years of God ordained exile. Another amazing fact, after thousands of years living in other nations, there Jewish culture has remained intact.
* The rebirth of Israel as a nation in 1948 (Ezekiel 37:10-14; Isaiah 43:5, 6; 66:7-8) in one day. Israel literally became a nation again in one day. Following their declaration of statehood, the next day, five Arab nations attacked Israel. But Israel defeated them and has grown into a major world military power. This prophecy of rebirth essentially kicked off the beginning of the last generation.
* The Arab world will claim they are rightful owners of the land of Israel (Ezekiel 35:5, 10; 36:2, 5). It wasn’t until the Jews began migrating back to Palestine in hopes of declaring Israeli statehood that the Arab world laid claim to the land. Before that, it was of no value to them.
* The desert land of Israel will bloom again during this last generation (Luke 21:29-31; Isaiah 41:18-21). This has literally happened in our lifetime. As stated in the last bullet point, the land of Israel was a worthless desert place while the Arabs occupied the land. However, once Israel reclaimed their homeland, it has become an fertile oasis.
* The city of Jerusalem recaptured by Israel 19 years later in 1967 (Zechariah 8:7-8; 12:3). Jerusalem can’t be a stumbling block to world peace if Israel if its not under their control.
* A Middle East peace plan with Israel, where Jerusalem is considered a major stumbling block will develop in the last days (Daniel 9:27; Zechariah 12:3). This is literally taking place today.
* This peace plan with Israel will ultimately have a seven-year time limit (Daniel 9:27). Right now, virtually every proposed Middle East peace proposal has a timeline for which peace must be realized. The splitting of Jerusalem is usually the final jewel of every peace accord. Trump made the ‘peace plan rounds’ in May 2017 with a final plan to establish the peace agreement in fall of 2017.
* The ruins of Israel will be rebuilt (Amos 9:11 &13). This has kicked into high gear since Israel became a nation (1948).
* An eastern nation capable of fielding a 200 million man army (Revelation 9:16) will arise during the tribulation period. No nation has ever been able to field an army of this magnitude until this generation (China & India).
* The Euphrates River will be dried up to enable a great army to cross (Revelation 16:12). This could not have been done until 1990 without the help of modern day technology.
* During this generation, man will obtain the ability to view an event simultaneously all over the world (Revelation 11:9-10). Certainly, this was impossible until satellite technology was invented during this generation.
* Russia, Iran, a host of northern African nations, and the surrounding Islamic world will forge an alliance and attack Israel (Ezekiel 38 & 39). Today, virtually all of these nations (listed in Ezekiel 38) are already in an alliance with each other.
* World leaders will begin talking about world governance as necessary. This has become a major topic among the global community especially since the beginning of the financial crisis in the European Union. This will eventually lead to a one world government led by the Antichrist (Revelation 13). The first significant world body called the United Nations was created in 1945 to encourage global cooperation.
* The temple will be rebuilt (Revelation 11:1, 2; Daniel 9:27). This is still yet future, but it is a foregone conclusion that various temple organizations, once the okay to rebuild is given, will have it completed within months. They have all of the items needed, including the spotless heifers. The plans are also complete to be built right next to the Dome of the Rock. They are currently in negotiations to start the building soon.
* In the last days, knowledge will increase dramatically (Daniel 12:4). There is no debating the fact that knowledge has increased in leaps and bounds over the last 100 years, but particularly during the last 70-80 years. Medicine and technological discoveries have exploded in this last generation.
(Credit to http://www.calvaryprophecy.com for pulling together the data of prophecies fulfilled)