“The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.” (Psalm 19:1).
I’ve always been fascinated with outer space, but have never spent much time studying it. I do still remember a very vivid dream I had about 15-20 years ago when I found myself in orbit around the earth in one of the space stations. I remember the zero gravity floating throughout the space station and I specifically and vividly remember floating to one of the windows and seeing the beauty of the earth below with all of blue oceans and cloud patterns. It was stunning, albeit a dream.
Besides noticing Orion’s belt and the Big Dipper, I’ve never researched what exactly is going on up there as it’s always just looked cool, but now as I’ve been studying a bit about God’s Glory in the heavens, I have come to realize that the stars and planets are not positioned randomly, but have a specific, exact, mathematical designation and movement to show a part of God’s Story. As we’ve studied, in some of my previous blog posts, God paints multiple pictures in the Bible, so that every story has at least one other duplicate representative story to help us to get His concepts more fully. In the heavens, there is no exception. Oddly to me, it has been proven that God has painted the entire human history and future events in the heavens (stars and planets). We only need to study diligently to see the story unfold.
We’ve already talked about the reasons for the stars, planets, the moon, and the sun (aside from actually needing the sun for life to survive). The first reason being for diving day and night, and next for signs (or another translation: the Lord’s appointed times):
“And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years” (Genesis 1:14)
We also know that God has hidden some elements of His plan to the un-seeking person. He has made certain parts of His plan a challenge to discover, that which must be sought out so that it can be revealed. We see Jesus doing this same thing in the New Testament by only sharing parables with the crowds. In order to understand what the parables meant, they would need to seek the Lord for deeper meaning. The disciples did seek Jesus for an explanation, and when they asked, they received the meaning plainly. So we must research and ask for His hidden meanings to be revealed.
- “It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to search things out.” Proverbs 25:2
- “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” Jeremiah 33:3
- “10 Then the disciples came and said to him, “Why do you speak to them in parables?” 11 And he answered them, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.” Matthew 13: 10-11
- “A scoffer seeks wisdom in vain, but knowledge is easy for a man of understanding.” Proverbs 14:6
- “For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom,” 1 Corinthians 1:22
- “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. ” James 1:5
We also know that from God’s Word, He has named each of the stars Himself (Adam got to name the animals) as well as identified by name constellations He designed in the sky, and we can know that those during the Bible times had the common knowledge of all of the constellations and their meaning. People tended to look up more often than we do today. So now, we have lost some of those meanings as Satan has twisted God’s astronomy to astrology (which is attempting to predict the future based on the stars and what constellation your birth month falls into – this is false teaching). We also see Him referencing stars as a whole 50 times.
- “He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names.” Psalm 147:4
- “who made the Bear and Orion, the Pleiades and the chambers of the south;” Job 9:9
- “For the stars of the heavens and their constellations will not give their light; the sun will be dark at its rising, and the moon will not shed its light.” Isaiah 13:10
- “…those also who burned incense to Baal, to the sun and the moon and the constellations and all the host of the heavens.” 2 Kings 23:5
- “Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name, by the greatness of his might, and because he is strong in power not one is missing.” Isaiah 40:26
We also see that Paul quoted a famous poet in the book of Acts when he was speaking to the Greek philosophers. His listeners had no need for Paul to let them know who the poet was or what the poem was (Phaenomena). They were very familiar with the writings of Aratus, an Athenian, who lived almost three hundred years before this time. This poem was written based off of Aratus’ discovery of astronomy from a famous astronomer in his time. And, obviously, the wise men knew how to read the stars and were able to travel a great distance to discover where Jesus was born. Paul’s quote:
“for “‘In him we live and move and have our being’; as even some of your own poets have said, “‘For we are indeed his offspring.’ Acts 17:28
With all of this said, we have a particular alignment coming this September 23, 2017 that has significant meaning for the Jews, and should for us as well, as God has placed this alignment in place for this one time in history only. It is not random. It has not been found in 6,000 years prior, nor 1,500 years in the future. Since we’ve determined that all alignments happen for a reason and at designated, mathematical exactness, we need to look at this alignment to see what it might be saying. With that, we need to look at the names that God has given each of the stars and planets in this alignment, see what the meaning of each of these names means in their exact order and see what we can conclude.
In sequence, we will look at the key stars/planets in their order of this alignment: Regulus, Venus, Mars, Mercury, Sun, Spica, Jupiter, and the Moon
We will also compare it to John’s description of this star alignment in Revelation 12.
“And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. 2 She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth.“ Revelation 12:1-2
For further clarification on John’s vision, we should note that the woman is Virgo. On September 23, 2017 at approximately 6:30 pm (Jerusalem time – at twilight, at the Last Trump, on the last day of the Feast of Trumpets, on the 120th Jubilee), Virgo will be clothed in the sun as it is at her shoulder. She will also have the moon at her feet. Her crown of 12 stars is always present. She has been pregnant since November 2016 (9 months) with the planet Jupiter (the King Planet) as the planet came into her womb and then continued in a retrograde pattern within the womb for the duration (that is, it didn’t keep going straight through like you think it should. It seemed to stop and then do backward circles). On September 23, 2017, Jupiter will finally stop appearing to spin in backwards circles, and will exit straight out of Virgo’s legs. So, it will be ‘born.’
Above Virgo’s head, we have two things: twelve visible stars that encircle her head (which can represent the twelve tribes of Israel, and/or the 12 thrones besides the Lamb which contains His bride), and the constellation Leo, which represents the Lion of Judah (or to us, Jesus).
So, with that, let’s look at the meaning of each of the heavenly bodies in the order of the alignment:
- Regulus – The alpha, the king star in Leo. It can mean: Latin = “prince or little king” Arabic = “heart of the lion” Babylonian = “king”Persian = “the centre” It is a star of royalty. It is the king star in the constellation Leo which in Jewish and Christian tradition always represented “The Lion of Judah”. Therefore, we have “The King, the heart of the Lion of Judah.”
- Venus – The planet Venus is known as the Morningstar when it rises in the east. In this event you can clearly seen that it rises in the east. Jesus is referred to as our bright and Morningstar. It’s fully meaning is, “The Morningstar of love and beauty.” Besides the moon, it is the brightest object in the night sky. It is closest to the size of the earth.
- Mars – Mars has always been associated with war. From the planet of Nergal the Babylonian war-god to the Roman God of War. The ancient cultures in the far east also attribute Mars to war and destruction. Interestingly enough Paul’s most famous sermon in Athens, Greece took place on “Mars Hill”. It was there that he proclaimed the message of Jesus near the inception of our current church age.
- Mercury – Mercury was the Roman deity which meant “messenger to the gods”. In Latin, Mercurius was originally god of tradesman and thieves.In Egypt, Mercury was associated with the god Thoth – who was the god of knowledge, the inventor of speech, writing and arithmetic.In Rome we have messenger to the gods, in Egypt knowledge, writing and the inventor of speech and in Mesopotamia we have god of water and writing. When we piece this together we have many specific references. We also have the written word. Knowledge, writing and inventor of speech. Jesus is the Word of The Living God. The Bible is His word and through His word He created everything we see. Therefore, we have “the written Word and the inventor of speech through Whom the world was created.”
- Sun – The brightest object in the sky. In Greece we had Helios which later merged with Apollo. Homer describes Helios as providing light to gods and men. We have light giving, created in the image of and creator. The same parallels exist in almost ancient cultures regarding their sun gods. Therefore, we have “the one who breathes life out of His image and gives light to the dark world.” In Egyptian culture man was thought to be born of the tears of Ra (who was their sun god) thus created in his image.
- Spica – It is the alpha star in the constellation Virgo, also known as Alpha Virginis. The word “Spica” has different but similar meanings: Latin = Virgo’s ear of grain, usually ‘wheat’.Arabic = grape gatherer. It is known as ear of wheat in Virgo’s hand. The star Spica is actually a binary star with each star many times larger and brighter than our sun. Some astronomers believe that it may be not just a binary star but actually a quintuple star. A binary star is defined as two stars indistinguishable by telescope as a single light. The Father and the Son are two but One as well, another interesting layer to this.The meaning here is clear, “gathering the wheat”.
- Jupiter – Jupiter is the 5th (the number of grace) and largest planet in our solar system and is known as “The King Planet”. In Roman times Jupiter was the most powerful deity equivalent to Zeus in Ancient Greece. It was the chief deity of sky and thunder. In Norse tradition this is Thor. So to the Romans what was Jupiter, was Zeus to the Greeks and Thor to the Norse. In all cases we have thunder, lightning and the king planet. The largest planet in our solar system carrying with it the 5th spot from the sun. We have “the King arriving as lightning in grace.”
- Moon – Means month. In ancient Assyria and Chaldea the moon was the supreme deity before they began to discover the other celestial bodies. The hunter goddess Artemis, was known as the goddess of virginity and childbirth. The Roman equivalent of Artemis is Diana. The Virgin Mary is associated with new moon as well as Kuan Yin in China. Kuan Yin was the goddess of purity, grace and benevolence. Therefore we have, the virgin month.
Though we have referenced mythology on many of these, it’s important to note that Satan twists Scripture to take the meanings and worship away from God and to him, so many of the underlying meanings are the same, but they are focused incorrectly away from God and onto false gods.
If we take all the individual meanings of each star and planet included in this stellar alignment we have a clear prophetic meaning. And, don’t forget that God created the heavens for “signs” and for “seasons”, which refers to “appointed times” not winter, spring, summer and fall. Then He tells us in His word, devoting an entire chapter in Revelation 12 to this “great sign.” We definitely need to pay attention.
Taking the meaning of each star and planet covered above through all cultures for : Regulus, Venus, Mars, Mercury, Sun, Spica, Jupiter, and the moon the message is clear.
When you put it together I’ve come up with this:
The Alpha Lion King, the bright and Morningstar, The War, The Messenger & Word of God, The Creator & Sustainer of Life, The Wheat Harvest, Grace & King, Virgin Month
Let’s try adding some possible identifiers:
The Alpha Lion King (Jesus Christ), (who is) the bright and Morningstar, (and who brings the final) War, (who is) The Messenger & Word of God, (and ) The Creator & Sustainer of Life, (who will gather) The Wheat Harvest, (by His) Grace & Kingship, (in the new or) Virgin Month
dailycrow.com has come up with this as their interpreted meaning:
The King, The Lion of Judah, The Morningstar of Love, The Coming War, The Written Word, The One Who Breathed Life Into Being and Light Into Darkness, Is Gathering the Wheat, The King Is Arriving As Lightning With Grace For His Virgin.
Regardless of the exact meaning, we know that the Virgin is giving birth in September and that her child will be caught up (harpazo) and protected as shown to John in this vision. The Virgin is part of the vision, and the other part is the red dragon, which will be another constellation that will line up in front of the Virgin at this time. The dragon isn’t what we imagine a dragon to be, but rather a serpant.
“And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. 2 She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth. 3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems. 4 His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it. 5 She gave birth to a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne, 6 and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days.” Revelation 12: 1-6
On a concluding note, though Revelation 12 is a picture of Jesus from the past (in that the Virgin Mary gave birth to a Son, He was in no need of being rescued from Satan nor was He caught up to God for protection during His ministry on earth), this vision points to a future event. John received this vision of the future (Revelation 1). The woman represents Israel in the Bible and the male child represents the Church which was illegitimately born due to Israel’s rebellion against God’s marriage covenant with them. The male child will one day rule with Christ in judgement over Israel. The red dragon represents Satan who will wage a final war on Israel; however, God protects the after she flees once again from her country.
““Before she was in labor she gave birth; before her pain came upon her she delivered a son. 8 Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things?” Isaiah 66:7-8
Interesting concept to think of the fact that Revelation 12 might be opening up before us in a few short months. And, what will follow?
Father God, Thank you that you will give wisdom when we ask, so we ask you now for complete wisdom from your word in what picture you are trying to paint for us. Help us to understand your hidden things so that we can continue to know how to please you in each and every way. And, above all, thank you for Jesus as our sacrifice for our sins, so that we never have to worry that we are secure and safe within your wings. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Scientific data on the meaning of the stars by: http://www.dailycrow.com