“They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.” Acts 2:42-47
What an amazing time these new believers experienced. Everything was well in their circles. They enjoyed fellowship, all their needs were met, the Lord added to their group each day, their hearts were filled with joy, praises, and thanksgiving, and God was with them confirmed by many miracles and signs. What was a key factor for them?… They were devoted to God’s Word as the matter with utmost importance.
How devoted to God’s Word are you?
- Are you determined to see His Word working in your life? Are you in it daily? How is it’s application?
- Are you displeased when you hear God’s Word distorted and warped or are you complacent?
- Are you distraught when you hear God’s Word diluted with all grace and no repentance?
- Are you dedicated to the distribution and teaching of God’s Word?
There is only one thing that ultimately matters in this world and it affects everything…. The Word of God! If you want a better life, get to know God better through His Word.
- ” In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” John 1:1-5
Father God, convict our hearts to find out more about you each and every day. Connect us with those around us who share this common goal so that we can be drawn into fellowship as the church of Acts. Show your glory in and through our lives. In Jesus Name. Amen.
- “The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.” Isaiah 40:8