From Leviticus 26:3-13 “‘If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands…
- I will send you rain in its season,and the ground will yield its crops and the trees their fruit. Your threshing will continue until grape harvest and the grape harvest will continue until planting, and you will eat all the food you want and live in safety in your land. [I will provide for all your physical needs]
- I will grant peace in the land, and you will lie down and no one will make you afraid. I will remove wild beasts from the land, and the sword will not pass through your country. You will pursue your enemies, and they will fall by the sword before you. Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you. [I will give you peace, safety, and victory]
- I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers, and I will keep my covenant with you. You will still be eating last year’s harvest when you will have to move it out to make room for the new. [I will bless you with my favor and provide you with children and more than enough to provide for them.]
- I will put my dwelling place among you, and I will not abhor you. [I will love you and want to be with you.]
- I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people. [We will have a wonderful relationship.]
- I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians; [I provide you freedom from those situations and people who try to hold you captive.]
- I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high.” [I freed you from the chains of this world and lifted you up to walk with me.]
Following Jesus is not just about saying a prayer or confessing with our mouths that Jesus is Lord. Following Jesus is actually making Him Lord by following His requests and commands. If our actions don’t follow what we say, how true is it? If we say we love someone, we prove it by our actions of love. If we love Jesus, we will prove it by our actions as well.
- “You are to be holy to me because I, the Lord, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own.” Leviticus 20:26
Father God, Give us strength to uphold your decrees and commandments so that we might walk in your ways, and that we might receive your favor and protection. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.