“Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway.” Proverbs 8:34
When a doorway is closed by God, do you struggle trying to get it to re-open, or do you turn around and seek another door that God might be opening instead?
When God says “NO” and closes a door, it is very difficult, especially if it is a door that we really wanted to go through: a new job, a new spouse, a new child, a new home, a new location, healing, freedom, etc. But, no matter how hard we may try to open the closed door, we will be struggling continuously until we stop, think, and move on in a new direction.
- “And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, .for which I am in chains.” Colossions 4:3
When God opens doors, it is easy to walk through and you feel at peace.
- “But I [Paul] will stay on at Ephesus until Pentecost, because a great door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me.” 1 Corinthians 16:8-9
If no peace, then it is time to go through another door.
- “Now when I [Paul] went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me, I still had no peace of mind, because I did not find my brother Titus there. So I said goodbye to them and went on to Macedonia.” 1 Cor 2:12-13
There is one door that the Lord always wants us to approach… The door to finding Him..
- “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.” Luke 11:9-10
- ““Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.” Luke 13:34
Father God, we ask that you direct us to open doors and keep us from beating against closed doors. Lord, we are sorry when we have kept banging on the doors you have closed wanting so desperately to go in. We are thankful that you continue to teach us to better hear you and respond to your callings. In Jesus Name. Amen.