“He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!…” Revelation 21:5
Do you like new things? Who doesn’t! We take joy in a new haircut, a new outfit, a new friend, a new job, a new piece of furniture, a new president, a new pen, a new recipe, a new car, a new song, a new baby, a new marriage.
God loves new things as well.
- “Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth.” Psalm 96:1
- “…I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it.” Revelation 2:17
- “…we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.” 2 Peter 3:13
- “For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.” Hebrew 9:15
We were made new through the New Covenant of Jesus Christ. God is pleased with our initial transformation and He will continue to make us new each day until the return of the new heaven and new earth, with the new King.
- “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,” 1 Peter 1:3
- “You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.” Ephesians 4:22-24
God can’t wait to show you all the newness that He has been creating for those who love Him.