”And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pearls or expensive clothes. For women who claim to be devoted to God should make themselves attractive by the good things they do.” 1 Timothy 2:9-10
Face it! Humans are drawn to the revealing of skin. The more skin we show, the more people are drawn to look. You only have to look at the media and advertisements to realize this. As a woman, do you want men to see you as an object for their sexual glances? How would you feel if they were looking at your daughter that way? Is this what God would want? One day, your outward appearance will fade, and wouldn’t you want to be remembered for the inner beauty of your soul which does not fade? As a man, do you want another man looking lustfully at your wife, girlfriend, or daughter?
- “Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” Proverbs 31:30
Don’t cause men to stumble. Showing cleavage and extra skin will cause them to stray. Do you want a married man to sin because of you?
- “But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” Matthew 5:28
In God’s Word, we learn that by causing men to stumble by the way we dress is a serious offense to God…
- “But you have turned from the way and by your teaching have caused many to stumble; you have violated the covenant with Levi,” says the Lord Almighty.” Malachi 2:8
- “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea.” Mark 9:42
- “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.” Matthew 18:6
- “Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God—” 1 Cor 10:32
Practice modesty in dress and focus you attention to what truly makes you beautiful… your relationship with God.
- “when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.” 1 Peter 3:2-4
The Evolution of the Swimsuit Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJVHRJbgLz8