Sometimes, we just come and go to church and don’t pay much mind to how much of their lives pastors and church leaders dedicate in order to help us in our faith walk. Their calling is to make sure we are learning God’s Word as well as holding themselves and us accountable to its teaching, keeping us on the narrow road. Thank God for His teachers.
Do you respect your pastor or church leader? Then, let them know. They’ll appreciate it!
- Heb 13:17 “Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.”
- 1 Tim 5:17 “The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching.”
- 1 Cor 4:1 “So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God.”
- 1 Thes 5:12-13 “Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other.”
- Acts 5:13 “No one else dared join [the apostles], even though they were highly regarded by the people.”