Every time someone comes to Christ, these 6 things must be present. There are many Bible verses related to each one of these. I’ve only pulled one for simplicity…
1) The person has a hungry heart looking for answers.
- “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13
2) There is an obedient messenger who shares the Good News (It could even be Jesus Himself).
- “for, Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” Romans 10:13-15
3) God’s Word is always present.
- “But he said, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.”” Luke 4:43
4) The person understands substitutionary atonement. “Jesus in my place.”
- “Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed what they had done.” Acts 19:18
- “God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith.” Romans 3:25
5) There follows with a public profession of faith.
- “that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;” Romans 10:9
6) A changed life is shown
- “Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.” Romans 6:4